Each box contains 6 pouches with each pouch preparing 4.5 lbs of raw vegetables.
Vegetables are cultured at room temperature (15-20c / 60-70f).
This culture is specialy formulated for vegetables (not fruit nor meat).
Keep refrigerated upon delivery.
Expiry June 2020. If you'd like to keep your cultures for longer then putting them in the freezer prior to the expiry date ending will keep them until June 2021.
This is the only starter culture produced which is 100% vegan.
Here are some of the health benefits of using Caldwell's Fermenting Starter Cultures:
- The live lactic bacteria that are involved in the production of the fermenting cultures are so beneficial to health that they have often been called "life preserving agents".
- They contribute to the protection of the body against infections and stimulate the immune system.
- They improve the digestion process by regulating the level of acidity in the digestive tract and by stimulating the production of beneficial intestinal flora.
- They act as anti-oxidants.
- They facilitate the synthesis of certain vitamins, such as vitamins C and B12 (which can only be produced in the presence of lactic bacteria).
- They are known to have a soothing effect on the nervous system.
- In producing lactic acid and enzymes, the lactic bacteria also facilitate the break-down of proteins and hence their assimilation.
- Fermented vegetables are an important component of a yeast-free diet (as in the case of candidiasis).
- Trusted Shops Reviews